Sunday, April 29, 2007

Back from the beach

Well, today I had to go. I wanted to go, in one sense. It's been something like nine days since I left my daughters at home and that's a long time to be gone. And my new puppy was waiting for me at home (see my 365 blog for a photo) so that was a draw. But in my opinion the only thing that could have possibly made the time better was to have a couple of folks there that couldn't come. But the time was great. If there was discord, I was oblivious to it and that's amazing with fourteen women in such a limited area. Of course, there was always the beach to go walk on if you felt hemmed in, so that was a good thing.
Laura won the prize for making best use of the beach. Karen gets the prize for the most daring (though I must say, Laura was right there with her), Carol the most enthusiastic about the hot tub, I don't know who would win the earring contest.
I really couldn't have asked for a better weekend. There was laughter, theology, sharing, book talk, an interesting dvd that I had never heard of (of course there's nothing unusual there!) and the chance to know some incredible women better. In case you can't tell, I had a great time! I found out I was an ENTP instead of an I/ENTJ. My sister figured it out, and I have to say, the description definitely fits. I have about a dozen new books to read and I came home with a couple of books that I've wanted for a long time. Sigh. It's okay that the retreat is over. That's part of life. But I am looking forward to next year's already!

No comments: