Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hypocrisy and Christianity

Well, maybe not necessarily hypocrisy, but certainly failure. I can tell you dozens of stories of failure just in my own life. If you expand that to my acquaintances the number increases accordingly. So what does that mean? What does Christianity have to offer?
I come up with one thing, and one thing only. Forgiveness. Our very failures prove the fact that Christianity is all about. We can't do it. None of us can. How can I possibly look at the world and believe that mankind is intrinsically (sp?) good? How can I look at myself and believe that? The honest truth is that I can't. Even at my best I have problems forgiving, I take offense, I make poor choices, I give in to the temptation of the moment to indulge my tongue or my heart or my whatever.
So what's the point? The point is that it isn't me. It's that it doesn't have to be me. Sure, I fail. In fact, I sin. I don't just 'make mistakes' I downright do wrong things. And that's why I need a Savior. Not because I will then be perfect, but because I will be shown mercy and grace and forgiveness. It's too good to believe.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Now that's GOOD NEWS!! :)