Sunday, February 25, 2007

Quick entry

I get headaches. A lot of the time. Really often. Pretty bad. This morning I woke up with my head about to explode. Before I even sat up I knew that I had to take something for it. That's not a good beginning to a day when your first impression is of pain.
I'm pretty sure they are tension headaches. But my life is awfully good...why so much stress? Here are some of my 'maybe' thoughts.
I had guests coming this week, one junior officer and his friend and then the family of one of our mids. Our ds had asked us several times to come down to SC to help him make some decisions and to move. So I felt we needed to go. So I left the JO here and went. I came back to more guests. I had tried to go buy groceries before we left but the store was closed for the holiday. So I had guests and no food. Yesterday my dd asked if we could do a mother/daughter day and go prom gown shopping. I hate to shop, expecially in stores I can't afford, but I do love my dd and she's been struggling a bit, so I felt like I had to do that. Therefore no time to buy groceries. Today I still have guests. I'm late for church because dh went to buy a few things for me so that I can get dinner in the oven. Last night we went to a play and I was worried the whole time that dh was not enjoying it. He's often disparaging or at best noncommital about things like that. Oldest ds and dil joined us...another dimension of relationships that doesn't always go smoothly. While at the play I got a call from someone asking if I could give them a ride from the airport this afternoon. And I can.
But I have so much I need to get done...I haven't done justice to my new position as board member for OBI. I need some time to read and reflect. I need to get laundry done and rooms cleaned. And I have to balance all these people. I love people and I want to be there for all of them. I'm no martyr or hero or anything like that. I just don't know how to balance all the needs with out feeling like I'm going to either explode or implode.
And I feel like such a heel, because there are people out there with real problems. I think all of mine are of my own making.

No comments: